Utah Rental Guide: Choosing the Right Rental
Finding the right place can take a lot of work and effort. It can be stressful deciding where you want to live, to the amenities you can afford in your new place. Propertypond.com is here to help!
Get started by identifying and prioritizing the most important things you are looking for in a new home. Think about where you are in life, single looking to mingle, growing family, or looking to retire, there are still a number of needs/wants to consider.
Starting with Location
Location is often the most important consideration when it comes to finding a place to rent. What's the proximity to work, school, shopping, or friends? The Propertypond.com search tools allow you to customize a filter and narrow the search.
Population and lifestyle are also things you want to add to this process. Do you want to live in the city or on the outskirts? Are you looking for a social atmosphere or something low key where you can come home at the end of your busy day and relax? No matter the reasons, identify what you want and need early in the process to ensure you have no regrets once you’ve signed the lease.
Next up, Budget and Costs
Establish a budget early on, many financial advisors recommend setting aside 25% of your monthly income for your housing costs. While this can vary depending on your individual needs, it is a great place to start when researching available rentals.
Of course rent isn’t the only cost you should be thinking about. While some units will include things like HOA, cable, and utilities into your rent, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t know what those costs are going to be. Do a little research to find out what these cost will be. That great deal you think you are getting, might not be as great as it sounds once you look at the numbers.
What do you Really Need and Want in your New Apartment or House?
Identifying wants and needs is essential to making sure you are happy with where you live. Make a list of everything you think you will need. Consider the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry facility, gym, and so on. Make the list as comprehensive as possible, as you won’t want to be left out in the cold. Oh, and literally the cold! Utah’s winters can be harsh and you may not be a fan of scrapping snow and ice off your car in the morning.
Once you’ve completed your list, get started looking for your new place to rent.
What Our Customers Are Saying
- “Wow! I am really impressed at the ease of use. I can't wait to help all those looking for a rental right now!”
- Tonja Masina, Keller Williams South Valley Realty
- “This is great! I have been wanting this type of rental solution for 8 years!”
- Clint Carter, PDS Real Estate
- “All I can say is cool, great job!”
- Anne Ferris, New Millennium Real Estate
- “This rental solution allows us to mold our ads to our homes instead of molding our rental ads based on website restrictions. Furthermore, it allows us to show case the house in an unmatched way that gives us a leg up and increases our phone calls from potential tenants. Put more simply, this website has made our jobs much easier and more effective.”
- Ben Eckenroed, Utah Full Service Brokers